There are changes underway in Medicare Supplement plans, often called Medigap, beginning June 1, 2010. Here are the two big changes:
1. Two new Medicare Supplement plans - Plan M and Plan N.
2. Four plans will no longer be offered: Plans E, H, I and J.
Now, if you purchase your own Medicare Supplement insurance, here's what you need to know whether you have a policy or will be purchasing a policy for the first time:
1. If you currently have a Medigap plan, you don't have to change anything.
2. If you are purchasing a policy that will be effective after June 1, your choices will be limited to these plans- Plan A, B, C, D F, G, K, L, M, N.
3. If you are interested in purchasing Plan E, H, I or J, you must do it before June 1, 2010.